Thursday, October 3, 2013

Stop And Take A Break

This was a really beautiful dusk.
After a busy day, my roommate and I just finished our dinner in D2, and because of the amazing sunset and the view, we decided to go for a walk. We picked a random direction and just walked along the side way. We did not know where we were going at all.
The sunshine made everything turned to gold. And here was the breeze. It felt gentle and soft. I could touch it, smell it, and even taste it. The yellow and red leaves overspread the side way, and they told us this was already the autumn. We passed several buildings, and we saw a small bridge stood over a limpid stream. Then, we followed the stream, and walked across a lawn. Surprisingly, we found that small cabin, which was hiding behind a small hill. It looked like the cabin in fairy tales. Many bushes and flowers grew around it. It was so mysterious. I was so excited. I just forgot all the annoying stuffs I had to do. It reminded me what my professor said in the morning class. He said: "I love lost on purpose, because I can find many inspirations. And it is the best way for me to take a break."
We all are living busy lives in colleges. We rush to across the campus for classes. We are too busy to have lunch and dinner. We are too busy to know what happens around us. We are too busy to take a break. Because of the busy lives, we ignore the "gifts" that lives give to us. Many of us didn't know there were white blossoms around the Burruss Hall few weeks ago. Many of us don't know which direction is east, and which is west. I think we should hold our paces a little bit to take a break. Then we will find many interesting and awesome things exist really close to us. Maybe, then, we will find the answers of the questions stuck in our minds, or find some inspirations.

3 comments:

  1. It crazy how we can take the little things for granted! Our campus is beautiful from wherever you're standing. I should take in the beauty more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is your email i need to send you my essay?

    ReplyDelete